It’s hard to keep going when illness or injury stops your income.
What if your ability to earn an income suddenly stopped?
Illness, injury or disability can happen at any time – to anyone. Prolonged periods off work for treatment and recovery is consequently inevitable should it happen to you.
Your employer may continue to pay you for a period of time but for how long?
What’s the Solution?
Personal Income protection is a plan that provides an alternative income if you find yourself in that situation. It means you can focus on your recovery.
Not only is income protection affordable, but you may be able to avail of tax relief on any payments you make.
It can provide you with up to 75% of your normal income when you’re off work due to illness or injury – either until you return to work or if you are unable to return to work due to illness or injury, until you reach retirement age.
- You can choose a guaranteed level premium option which means the cost will never go up, even if you make a claim.
- Premiums qualify for tax relief at the standard or higher rate of tax when you choose a Revenue approved scheme (relief is limited to 10% of your total income for a tax year).
- You select when payments begin in the event of a claim by choosing a deferred period from 4, 8, 13, 26 or 52 weeks.
- If hospitalised, 1/7th of the benefit is paid from day 8 irrespective of the deferred period.
- Should you change employers, you will not have to re-apply and your income protection plan will continue as normal.
- How you use your alternative income is up to you.
- You choose the type of premium you pay (guaranteed or reviewable premium).
- You determine the ceasing age of the plan – ( i.e. 55-70 years of age).
These are just some of the benefits income protection can offer you, for more information contact us on 042 -933 6664
About Us & What We Do?
Steeples Financial Consulting are a new company with old school values, We are very client focused and the needs of each individual are carefully considered and researched before recommending any product.
We have invested in the most up to date software to ensure that you get the best advice possible as we understand that “one size doesn’t fit all” and your financial circumstances and requirements change from time to time.
- Saving and Investments
- Life & Illness
- Future Planning
- Money Managment